I can bet that it hasn’t been too long since you have heard of or come across raindrop braids hairstyles. This is because this braid is just a new trend thanks to the versatile nature of braids.
Raindrop braids are credited to the Maryland-based hairstylist (Bethany Nche) who posted a video of her sister modelling knotless braids with clear bubble beads.
Since then, people have jumped on the trend and have started rocking this hairstyle.
Are you searching for raindrop braids? Then, scroll down to check out these PICTURES AND VIDEO CLIPS of the best ways to rock your raindrop braids hairstyle in your next hair appointment.
What are Raindrop Braids Hairstyles?
Raindrop braids are a type of intricate braiding style that creates a cascading effect resembling raindrops or waterfalls. It is simply upgrading your box braids or knotless braids look with beads but not the usual way.
How to do Raindrop Braids?
Here’s how it works:
- As you braid a box braid downward, take a small section of hair and use it to slide a bead through.
- Keep braiding as usual.
- You can add as many beads as you want to your braids.
Pictures and Videos of Different Raindrop Braids Hairstyles
How to maintain Raindrop Braids hairstyles?
In 5 simple steps, you can increase the longevity of this beautiful braid look.
I feel you should know this ( THE FIRST ONE) particular maintenance tip if you rock braids consistently but I just decided to add it.
CLEANILESS IS AN APEX TIP FOR BRAIDS HAIRSTYLES WHICHEVER ONE YOU DECIDE TO HAVE.
1. Cleanse your scalp and braids regularly to remove dirt, sweat, and product buildup. Use a sulfate-free shampoo diluted with water, and apply it to your scalp, gently massaging it in with your fingertips.
Rinse thoroughly, making sure to let the water flow through your braids to remove any residue
2. Beads can become loose or fall off if the braids are handled roughly. When washing, styling, or sleeping be gentle and avoid tugging or pulling on the beads.
3. Regularly check the beads for any signs of damage or looseness. If you notice any loose beads, gently tighten or reposition them.
If a bead is broken or damaged, replace it with a new one to maintain the overall look of your hairstyle.
4. Beads can sometimes cause the hair to become dry, so it’s essential to keep your hair moisturized.
Use a water-based moisturizer or a lightweight oil to hydrate your scalp and braids.
Apply the product sparingly, focusing on the ends of the braids.
5. Before going to bed, wrap your hair with a satin or silk scarf or sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. This helps prevent friction and maintains the neatness of your braids and beads.