Island Twist Hairstyles: If you are searching for the latest and most beautiful island twist braids hairstyles making waves in 2023, then you are in the right blog post.
Today I will share with you some of the hottest and trendiest protective hairstyles for this season: island twist braids.
Island twist hairstyles are not only beautiful and versatile, but they also have many benefits for your hair and scalp.
They can help you retain length, prevent breakage, protect your hair from heat and environmental damage, and promote healthy hair growth
YOU MIGHT LIKE @ TRYBEINFO
What are Island Twist Braids/Hairstyles?
Island twist hairstyles are a type of protective hairstyle that involves twisting synthetic or human hair extensions around your natural hair.
They are also known as bohemian twists or Jamaican twists, and they have a natural and loose look compared to other types of twists, such as the Senegalese twist or Marley twist.
What Hair To Use for Island Twist Hairstyles?
There are different types of hair that can be used for island twists. Some of the most popular ones are:
1. Jamaican Twist Braid. This synthetic hair has a natural-looking texture and comes in various colours.
It is easy to install and maintain and can last up to 8 weeks with proper care. You can use 5 to 6 packs of this hair for a full head of island twist.
2. Organique Beach Curl. This is another synthetic hair that has a soft and curly texture.
It can be used to add some volume and flair to your island twist, especially at the ends. You can use 1 pack of this hair for a full head of island twist
3. Human Hair Curls. This is a more expensive option, but it gives you a more natural and versatile look. You can use any human hair that has a curly or wavy pattern, such as Brazilian, Peruvian, or Malaysian hair.
You can also dye, bleach, or style the human hair as you wish. You can use 3 to 4 bundles of this hair for a full head of island twist.
How To Do Island Twist Hairstyle?
This is a DO-IT-YOURSELF tutorial that explains step-by-step how to achieve island twist hairstyles.
Products used: • Shine & Jam gel (Orange jar) • Shine & Mousse (Red bottle) • 5-6 packs Jamaican Twist Braid • 1 pack Organique “Beach Curl” • Edge booster Edge Pomade
Images of Ladies Rocking Island Twist Hairstyles
Here are some of the most popular and stunning pictures of ladies already rocking island twist hairstyles that you should try at your next braids appointment.
How long does island twist hairstyles last?
Island twist braids, also known as bohemian twist or Jamaican twist, are a type of protective hairstyle that can last up to 6 to 8 weeks with proper care and maintenance
How much will island twist hairstyles cost?
The cost of island twist hairstyles can vary depending on several factors, such as the length, size, and style of the braids, the type and quality of the hair extensions used, the location and experience of the hairstylist, and the time and labour involved.
However, the average cost of island twist braids can range from$100 to $500
What are some tips for maintaining island twist hairstyles ?
Most braids maintenance procedures you already know still apply to this braids style, but I just decided to add these tips because they are the ones that have been renowned as the best braids maintenance tips by most hairstylists.
1. Wear a satin or silk scarf or bonnet at night. This will help prevent your island twist from getting frizzy, dry, or tangled while you sleep. You can also use a satin or silk pillowcase if you prefer.
2. Moisturize your hair regularly. This will help keep your island twist hydrated and healthy. You can use a spray bottle to lightly mist your hair with water and then apply a leave-in conditioner or oil of your choice.
You can also use a braid spray that is designed to nourish and hydrate your braids and twists.
3. Avoid washing your hair too often. This will help preserve the longevity and neatness of your island twist. You can wash your hair once every 1 to 2 weeks, depending on your hair type and scalp condition.
Use a gentle shampoo or co-wash to cleanse your hair and scalp, and rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the excess water.
4. Refresh your twists as needed. This will help restore the definition and shine of your island twist. You can use a gel or pomade to smooth out any loose or frizzy strands and re-twist them if necessary.
You can also trim any split ends or knots that may form at the ends of your twists
How Long Does It Take To Do Island Twist?
The time it takes to do an island twist depends on several factors, such as the length and thickness of your hair, the size and style of the twists, and your skill and experience.
It can take anywhere from2 to 6 hoursto complete a full head of island twist.
What is the difference between Island Twist and Senegalese Twist?
Island twist and Senegalese twist are two different types of twisted hairstyles that can be done with synthetic or human hair extensions.
They both use the two-strand twist method, but they have some differences in appearance, texture, and maintenance. Here are some of the main differences between them:
1. Appearance: The island twist, also known as the bohemian twist or Jamaican twist, has a more natural and loose look compared to the Senegalese twist, which is more sleek and tight.
The island twist also tends to have curly or wavy ends, while the Senegalese twist has straight ends.
2. Texture: Island twist uses hair that has a kinky or coily texture, such as Marley hair or human hair curls.
Senegalese twist uses hair that has a smooth or straight texture, such as Kanekalon hair or X-pression hair.
3. Maintenance: The island twist is easier to install and remove than the Senegalese twist, but it also unravels faster and gets frizzy sooner.
The Senegalese twist lasts longer and stays neater than the island twist, but it also takes more time and effort to install and remove.
Can I swim with my Island Twist Hairstyle?
Yes, you can swim with your island twist. Island twist is a protective hairstyle that can withstand water and chlorine without damaging your natural hair.
However, there are some things you should do before and after swimming to keep your island twist looking fresh and healthy.
Before swimming, you should:
1. Wear a swimming cap. This will help protect your island twist from getting wet and tangled. You can find swimming caps that are specially designed for braids.
2. Moisturize your hair. This will help prevent your hair from drying out and breaking due to chlorine or salt water. You can use a spray bottle to lightly mist your hair with water and then apply a leave-in conditioner or oil of your choice.
You can also use a swim spray that is formulated to protect your hair from chlorine damage.
After swimming, you should:
1. Rinse your hair. This will help remove any chlorine or salt residue from your hair and scalp. You can use lukewarm water and a gentle shampoo or co-wash to cleanse your hair.
Make sure to rinse thoroughly and gently squeeze out the excess water.
2. Dry your hair. This will help prevent mould and mildew from growing in your island twist. You can use a microfiber towel or a t-shirt to blot your hair dry.
You can also use a blow dryer on a low or cool setting to speed up the drying process. Avoid rubbing or twisting your hair as this can cause frizz and damage.
3. Refresh your hair. This will help restore the moisture and shine to your island twist. You can use a spray bottle to lightly mist your hair with water and then apply a leave-in conditioner or oil of your choice.
You can also use a [braid spray] that is designed to nourish and hydrate your braids and twists.