Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a public university located in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. It offers over 200 undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study, such as business, education, health, engineering, arts, and sciences.
EMU has a diverse and welcoming campus community, with more than 1,000 international students from over 80 countries. EMU also has a reputation for academic excellence, affordability, and student success.
If you are an international student who wants to pursue your education at EMU, you need to follow some steps to apply for admission and obtain a student visa.
Here are some tips and resources to help you with the process:
1. Choose your program of study and check the admission requirements. EMU has different admission requirements for undergraduate and graduate students. You can find the list of programs and their requirements on the EMU website.
Some programs may require additional documents, such as test scores, essays, or portfolios. Make sure you meet the minimum academic and English proficiency standards for your chosen program.
2. Fill out the online application form and pay the application fee. You can apply online through the EMU application portal. The application fee is $35 for undergraduate students and $45 for graduate students. You will need to create an account and provide some personal and academic information.
You will also need to upload your official transcripts or mark sheets from your previous schools. If your transcripts are not in English, you will need to have them translated by an official translator.
3. Submit your English proficiency test results. EMU accepts several tests to demonstrate your English proficiency, such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, SAT, or ACT. You can find the minimum scores required for each test on the EMU website. You can send your test results electronically or by mail to the Office of International Admissions.
Some students may be eligible for an English testing waiver depending on their country of education. You can check the ESL Testing Waiver for more details.
4. Submit your financial documentation for the I-20 process. If you meet the academic and English requirements for admission, you will be eligible to receive an I-20 form from EMU. The I-20 form is a document that certifies your eligibility to apply for an F-1 student visa to study in the USA.
To receive your I-20 form, you will need to submit a Financial Statement of Responsibility and proof of financial support that shows you have enough funds to cover your tuition and living expenses for one year. You can use bank statements, scholarship letters, or sponsor letters as proof of financial support.
5. Apply for your student visa at the nearest US embassy or consulate. After you receive your I-20 form from EMU, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee and schedule an appointment for a visa interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate in your country.
You will need to bring your I-20 form, passport, visa application form, visa fee receipt, financial documents, academic records, test scores, and any other documents that may support your visa application.
You will also need to answer some questions about your study plans, academic background, financial situation, and ties to your home country. You can find more information about the visa process on the [US Department of State website].
6. Prepare for your arrival and orientation at EMU. Once you receive your visa approval, you can book your flight and arrange your accommodation in Ypsilanti. EMU offers on-campus housing options for international students, such as residence halls and apartments.
You can apply for housing through the [EMU Housing website]. You can also look for off-campus housing options through websites like [Apartment Finder] or [Zillow].
You will also need to attend an orientation session before the start of classes. The orientation session will help you get familiar with the campus facilities, academic policies, student services, and cultural adjustment issues.
You can find more information about the orientation on the [Office of International Students and Scholars website].
Eastern Michigan University Scholarship for International students
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) offers various scholarships and financial aid for international students who want to pursue their undergraduate or graduate studies at EMU.
Undergraduate international students are eligible for in-state tuition under the TRUEMU Global Rate, which is approximately $14,500 per year.
They can also apply for the 4WARD Graduation Scholarship, which covers 100% of tuition for the third and fourth years of study at EMU.
Graduate international students can apply for the National Scholars Program and Student Success Scholarship, which provide up to $15,000 and $4,000 per year respectively.
They can also apply for graduate assistantships, which offer tuition waivers and stipends
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below or contact me through my email address