Royal Road University is a public university in Canada that offers innovative and applied programs in various fields of study. It is located in Colwood, British Columbia, on the historic Hatley Park National Historic Site.
If you are an international student who wants to pursue your academic goals at Royal Road University, you might be wondering how to apply and what scholarships are available for you.
In this blog post, we will provide you with some useful information and tips on the Royal Road University admission process for international students and the funding opportunities that you can explore.
How to apply to Royal Road University as an international student?
The first step to applying to Royal Road University as an international student is to choose your program of interest from the list of over 650 undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the university. You can also use the program finder tool to narrow down your options based on your preferences and qualifications.
The next step is to check the admission requirements for your chosen program. The admission requirements vary depending on the level and type of program, but generally include:
- Academic transcripts and diplomas from previous studies
- Proof of French language proficiency (such as TCF, TEF, or DELF) for some programs
- Proof of English language proficiency (such as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE) for most programs
- Letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, resume, or portfolio for some programs
- Application fee ($114 CAD for undergraduate programs and $87 CAD for graduate programs)
You can find the specific admission requirements for each program on the undergraduate admissions website or the graduate admissions website.
The third step is to submit your online application through the UdeM application portal for undergraduate programs or the UdeM graduate application portal for graduate programs.
You will need to create an account, fill out the application form, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee. You can also track the status of your application and receive updates on your admission decision through the portal.
The application deadlines vary depending on the program and intake term, but generally fall between November 1 and March 1 for undergraduate programs and between December 15 and April 1 for graduate programs.
It is recommended that you apply as early as possible to increase your chances of admission and scholarship consideration.
What scholarships are available for international students at Royal Road University?
Royal Road University offers a number of scholarships and awards for international students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and community involvement. Some of the scholarships and awards that you can apply for or be automatically considered for are:
- Royal Roads Entrance Award/Bursary: This is a four-year award that ranges from $2,000 to $10,000 CAD per year. It is awarded to international students with an exceptional academic record who have the potential to make outstanding contributions both in the classroom and beyond. To be eligible, you must have an admission average of 90% or higher and meet the English language proficiency requirement.
- Global Opportunities Awards: These are one-time awards worth $1,000 CAD that are given to students who are participating in a Royal Roads-sanctioned international learning experience, such as an exchange program, a study abroad program, or a field course. To be eligible, you must have a minimum cumulative average of 70% and meet the criteria of the specific award. You must complete the International Experience Awards Application by November 15 or February 15.
- International Learning Awards: These are one-time awards worth $1,000 CAD that are guaranteed for students who have a minimum cumulative average of 70% and are participating in a Royal Roads-sanctioned international learning experience. No separate application is required.
- Graduate Studies Scholarships: These are merit-based scholarships that range from $5,000 CAD to $50,000 CAD per year for master’s and doctoral students. They are awarded by Royal Roads or by external agencies such as the Quebec Research Fund (FRQ), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). To be eligible, you must have a high academic standing and a strong research proposal. You must apply through your program or through the Graduate Studies Scholarships Portal
In addition to these scholarships and awards, there are also other funding opportunities for international students at Royal Roads University, such as bursaries, fellowships, research grants, and external scholarships. You can search for more funding sources on the awards database or the international learning website.